We sell only genuine Hoover ® parts.
Enter Your Model Number
Hoover Replacement Parts by Category
Canister Vacuum Parts
Carpet Cleaner Parts
Central Vacuum Parts
Commercial Vacuum Parts
Hand Vacuum Parts
Hard Surface Cleaner Parts
Misc Vacuum Parts
NOTE: We do have an article and a video on how to install this belt. Here is the link to it.
How to Replace a Vacuum Belt
To replace this item you would need a Screwdriver.
This the belt that drives the self propelled unit on the vacuums that have that system and use this part number.
It is also used on some Hoover self propelled models.
The purpose of this belt is to rotate the Brush Roll on the vacuum models shown below. This belt is Style 23.
Depending on the model you have, it can be installed in different ways.
If possible look how the old belt was installed so it will be easier to replace it.
To complete this repair you should only need a screwdriver.
• Place handle in low position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up
• Remove the 4 screws with a screwdriver
• Lift off bottom plate
• Remove agitator brush roll and the old belt
• With lettering on outside of belt slide new belt over motor pulley
• Insert agitator through belt and place belt in belt guide on an agitator
• Grasp agitator firmly and fit it into position
• Turn agitator making sure belt is not pinched between agitator and agitator shield
• Reassemble and test the unit