Why Read This Article?
- The steps listed in this article will guide you through the easy removal and installation of a new ignitor switch on a Char-Broil infrared grill
Duration: 5-10 minutes
Frequency: As needed Replacing the ignitor button 1. Remove the door, heat shield, and support piece.
2. Remove the wires from the switch.
3. Unfasten plastic nut on the switch.
4. Install the new ignitor switch.
5. Replace the support piece, heat shield, and door.
Tools & Materials
- Needle-nose pliers
- Adjustable wrench
Find all the grill parts you need on our Char-Broil page. Replacing the ignitor button
1. Remove the door, heat shield, and support piece
Use a screwdriver to push the hinge pin out of the door frame and remove the door.
Next, remove the propane cylinder heat shield by undoing the two screws.
The last step is removing the support bracket that is held in place by four screws, two on each side.
You will now have access to the ignitor switch.
2. Remove the wires from the switch
Pull the wires off of the back of the switch with a pair of needle-nose pliers.
3. Unfasten plastic nut on the switch
Use an adjustable wrench to loosen the nut, then use your fingers to work the nut off the rest of the way. The ignitor button is now free to be pulled out of the grill.
4. Install the new ignitor switch
Place the new switch into its designated spot, fasten by tightening the plastic nut on the back, and reattach the wires.
5. Replace the support piece, heat shield, and door
Replace the support piece first by securing the two screws on each side.
Then install the propane heat shield to its original location under the grill and fasten with the two screws.
Lastly, re-install the door by pushing the hinge pin up with a small screwdriver and snapping it back into its proper location.
[Back to Top] Conclusion And that's how easy you can replace the ignitor button on your Char-Broil grill with basic tools. Now get out the steaks, fire up the grill, and enjoy yourselves.
View all of the grill parts we have available on our grill parts finder. [Back to Top] What We're About