Why Read This Article?
- To find battery recycling centers.
- Battery recycling benefits
- Environmental safety.
- Rechargeable batteries should be properly disposed of and recycled whenever possible.
- Free battery collection locations are easy to find, thanks to organizations like Call2Recycle.
- All types of rechargeable batteries are eligible for recycling.
- Recycling batteries helps the environment, lowers manufacturing costs, and saves landfill space.
- The services listed here make recycling rechargeable batteries convenient.
- Disposing of rechargeable batteries incorrectly can be dangerous, and is hazardous to the environment.
Cordless power tool batteries should also be recycled, and they are manufactured in NiCd, NiMH, and Li-Ion varieties. The life span for cordless power tool batteries is usually between 500 and 1,000 recharge cycles, depending on the battery type. Free battery disposal organizations, like Call2Recycle®, make it easy to locate battery recycling facilities across the Unites States and Canada. Recycling and correctly disposing of rechargeable batteries is also enforced by law in some states, including the states of New York and California. All types of rechargeable batteries are eligible for recycling. Benefits of Battery Recycling
- Rechargeable batteries can be toxic to the environment and major water supplies when not disposed of correctly, especially Nickel Cadmium batteries.
- Besides being environmentally harmful, so many rechargeable batteries are in use today that they add significantly to landfills.
- As manufacturers benefit from the reuse of battery materials (like reusable metals), their savings are often passed to customers, contributing to competitive costs in cordless power tools and other devices.
- For now, the safe disposal of rechargeable batteries is only required in a few states, but more and more communities across the United States and Northern America are becoming concerned with the environmental hazards of rechargeable batteries.
Finding Battery Recycling Facilities There are several available options for finding battery recycling facilities anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. We have listed a few helpful options below: For the Salt Lake City Area:
At eReplacementParts.com, we accept power tool rechargeable batteries for proper disposal and recycling at our Salt Lake Valley location.
564 West 9320 South
Sandy, UT 84070
Open 8:30 to 5:00 M-F
1-866-802-6383 For the U.S. and Canada:
The link and numbers below belong to The Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation, a nation-wide battery disposal organization. Local collection centers can be found quickly on their website with just a ZIP code or by calling their toll-free numbers.
Call2Recycle®can be reached at www.call2recycle.org/ or by calling 1-800-8-BATTERY and 1-877-2-RECYCLE
Detailed information about battery disposal and recycling can be found on Call2Recycle®'s website, including instructions for the safe transferring of rechargeable batteries to collection centers.
Is it recycling time for that old rechargeable tool battery? Visit our Batteries parts page for a replacement battery. Filter your search by voltage, manufacturer, and battery type to quickly find the replacement you need.
[Back to top] What we're about.