Why Read This Article?
- A broken top handle or blade clamp ratchet can prevent you from using your jigsaw. This article shows you how to get your saw working again.
Duration: 15 minutes
Frequency: As needed Replacing the Top Handle Assembly:
1. Remove the top handle assembly.
2. Replace the blade clamp ratchet.
3. Replace the top handle assembly.
Tools & Materials
- Phillip's-head screwdriver
- Torx bits
Remember to use our Bosch parts finder to find all the OEM parts for your Bosch tools.
Replacing the Top Handle Assembly
1. Remove the top handle assembly
Remove the two screws on top of the handle--one of them is underneath the click handle.
Remove the two screws at the back of the handle.
Now you can remove the top handle assembly.
2. Replace the blade clamp ratchet
Remove the two screws on the lower handle.
This will allow you to lift the handle away from the saw to gain access to the blade clamp ratchet.
Remove the old blade clamp ratchet and set the new one in place.
Then lower the handle into place and fasten the two screws back into the lower handle.
3. Replace the top handle assembly
Set the top handle assembly back into position.
Secure the two top screws.
Then secure the two back-handle screws to finalize the repair.
[Back to Top]
Conclusion And that's all it takes to replace the top handle assembly and blade clamp ratchet on your Bosch 1587avs jigsaw. This simple repair can get you working again in no time.
Remember to use our power tool parts finder to find parts for your Bosch tools, as well as all the other tools in your toolbox.
[Back to Top]
What We're About