Find all of the parts needed for this article by visiting our Aprilaire humidifier parts page. Readying your humidifier for servicing
1. Turn the humidistat to the off position
Make sure to note the original position of this dial before turning it off.
2. Turn off the water supply to the humidifier
This valve should be located close to your unit.
3. Remove the humidifier cover
The cover will come right off with little force.
4. Pull the water feed tube off of the unit
With only a little force, this line should come right off of the nozzle.
5. Remove the tray from the product
This will slide right out of the humidifier.
[Back to Top] Servicing your Humidifier
1. Clean the water distrubtion tray
Unsnap the water distribution tray from the insert.
Use a scrub brush and lime remover to clean the tray--then rinse it off with water.
2. Replace the water panel
Clean the calcium from the filter tray--then place the marked side (black line) up and slide it back into the tray.
[Back to Top] Reassembling your humidifier
1. Replace the tray in the humidifier
It will just slide back into its original position.
2. Reattach the water feed tube
Push this line back onto the nozzle.
3. Replace the humidifier cover
The cover will just snap back into place.
4. Turn the water supply back on
Simply turn the knob to get the water supply back to the humidifier.
5. Turn the humidistat back to its original setting
Remember the original setting your humidifier was set at? Turn the dial back to that position.
[Back to Top]
And by following the steps listed in this article, anyone with a few basic items can perform this routine maintenance. Servicing your products allows your humidifier to work correctly and last for years to come.
Need parts for another humidifier? We've got them! [Back to Top] What We're About