Why Read This Article?
Tools & Materials
The front wheel support assembly is used to set the vacuum's height, so it will work on a variety of different flooring types. It is adjusted up and down by the height adjustment lever. The most common problems with the front wheel support assembly are broken wheels or a broken bracket.
Let's get started.
REMOVING THE FRONT WHEEL SUPPORT
1. Remove the bottom cover from around the agitator (using a screwdriver).
2. Relieve the tension from the spring. Pull the spring back and off to the side.
3. Pivot the front wheel support assembly down, and pull it away from the vacuum.
INSTALLING THE NEW FRONT WHEEL SUPPORT
4. Transfer the spring from the old part to the new.
5. Place the inner leg of the spring into the slit inside the bottom of the vacuum.
6. Lift the other leg of the spring up so it is pointing toward the agitator.
7. Insert the pins on either side of the assembly into the receivers on the vacuum.
8. Push the wheel assembly up.
9. Grab the spring with needle-nose pliers and pull the leg around so it fits underneath the bracket.
10. Align the bottom cover with the vacuum and secure it with the screws.