Why Read This Article?
Tools & Materials
The one-touch cleaning kit both cleans the ash from the bottom of your barbecue, and allows you to control the airflow through the grill. The kit consists of three wings, a handle and the fittings needed to install it. Over time, the components can corrode and eventually break. The wings can be damaged if they become stuck and are then forced open.
Let's get started.
REMOVING THE ONE-TOUCH CLEANING KIT
1. Remove the lid, the grill grates and the ash pan from the barbecue.
2. Remove the handle from the grill. Put a screwdriver in between the handle and the fitting to release the handle, then rotate the screwdriver. This will allow you to remove the handle.
3. Remove the fins from the kettle.
INSTALLING THE NEW ONE-TOUCH CLEANING KIT
4. Notice that each of the fins are numbered: one, two, or three.
5. Insert the "H" fitting into fin number one; aligning the hole in the fin with the hole in the fitting.
6. Install the fin number two and the fin number three.
7. Align the fins as you install them back into the kettle. Fin number one should point away from the handle.
8. Press down on the fins inside the kettle so the "H" fitting protrudes through the bottom of the grill.
9. With the grill tipped on its side, hold the fins at the proper position, with the number one fin pointing away from the handle.
10. Insert the washer onto the "H" fitting.
11. Align the tab on the handle with the keyhole-side of the "H" fitting and insert it.
12. Once the tab is between the two legs of the "H" fitting, rotate the handle until it clicks and locks in place.
13. Install the pan, grill grates and lid back into the barbeque.