I'm repairing a 3.5 HP B/S horizontal engine with points and a condenser.

I need to replace the small cylindrical plunger that moves the points arm back and forth.

The plunger is stuck in the hole and not moving in and out when I turn the crankshaft.

Does this piece normally just pull out or do I need to release something to remove it?