This guest post comes courtesy of Rich from www.grillingwithrich.com. Enjoy!
With father’s day next week, I wanted to share with you my top-10must haves for that special dad in your life that loves to barbecue and grill. They range from some outside-of the-box ideas and also some staples that every cook should have!
10. Grill charms™: When you are grilling for lots of people and they each like their hamburgers (or any meat) cooked a different way, it can be nearly impossible to keep track on the grill, which can lead to unhappy guests. If this has happened to you, I would suggest getting some Grill Charms™. Grill Charms™ are dime-sized, stainless steel charms that are placed in food before cooking. The stem holds the charm securely while flipping or moving the food around the grill. Add a Grill Charm™ to food prior to cooking to distinguish different flavors, temperatures, or to avoid health or allergy issues. They stay in before, during and after grilling so when dinner comes to the table, simply look for the charm, and everyone will know which one is theirs. $19.95; Grill Charms
Grilling with Rich and his Dad
9. Rotisserie: Want to take your grilling repertoire to a whole new level and impress your friends and family by making some amazing recipes? A Rotisserie is your answer! While this must-have isn’t something new or innovative it is different when it comes to the average griller. There are many great rotisserie attachments that you can purchase for your grill and I would suggest looking at the website of your specific grill manufacturer to find out where to get yours. Prices may vary.
8. Monogrammed Steak Brand: I love taking pride in my cooking and grilling, hey who doesn’t? But when I use my own set of monogrammed steak irons I can take the pride in my cooking to a whole new level. These steak brands also add a fun and unique personal touch to grilled meats. Various web providers are available and you can customize brands with your initials and even logos.
7. Sauce warmer with a Silicone Brush: If you are like me, and you love barbecue sauce but haven’t tried it warmed then, this is the product for you. A stainless-steel pot which is heat proof to 550°F, and has a convenient brush built right into its lid so you will never lose the brush. $36.00; Williams-Sonoma.
6. Smoke Box & Wood Chips: Want to make “fall off the bone tender meats” but don’t have a smoker? Here’s the solution! A smoke box for your Gas Grill. Simply soak the disposable tin in water for 30 minutes with wood chips, drain and put on your preheated grill. Once the smoke begins to pour out, add your meat to the grill and enjoy. I like Weber’s six trial size trays pre filled with wood chips in popular flavors: mesquite, cherry, apple, hickory, pecan, and beech. Once you’ve had a taste, pick your flavor and refill for more future uses. $17.99; Weber.com.
5. Looftlighter: With this innovative lighter you can quickly ignite wood or charcoal briquettes without the need of lighter fluid, chemical fuels or even matches. This product claims to be the fastest, easiest, safest and cleanest way to light barbecues. Make sure to have an outdoor outlet to use it! $79.95; Williams Sonoma.
4. Grill wipes: Clean and oil your grill by adding clings to any grill brush. Makes cleanup fast and easy. Six grill wipes in each individual package 3 strips of 12, any major Home Improvement Store.
3. ‘On the Grill’ App from Weber: We all either have an iPhone or even an iPad on us all day long. So why not have one of the best apps on the market to get the best recipes for your next grilling adventures. Not only does this app features 280 classic grilling recipes from Weber plus 40 recipes for rubs, marinades, and sauces that are sure to get you fired up. In addition to recipes you can share your favorite recipes with friends and can personalize each individual recipe, watch how-to videos and have access to a handy grill timer. It’s the app no griller should be without. $4.99; you can find the app in your phone’s app store.
2. Custom Grill grates: Do you root for your favorite sports team and want to show off your pride when you open your grill? Or do you want to have the ultimate customization on your grill? I found this amazing company where you can customize your grill grates! It is a perfect gift, or treat yourself to a grill grate guaranteed to make you stand out in the neighborhood! $134.99 – $409.99; Yimigrate.com.
1. Thermapen: This is the best thermometer on the market. Ignore the price tag, it is well worth it. The thermometer gives a you an accurate reading of your internal temperature in 3 seconds. Yes, you heard me right, you can get an accurate reading of your meats in 3 seconds! If that doesn’t convince you, how about a 1,500-hour battery life and a water-resistant design that makes it worth every dollar. Plus, it’s what all the pros use! $89, Thermoworks.com.